Omaha Premises Liability Lawyer
Holding Negligent Property Owners in Nebraska Accountable to Justice!
A fall on someone else's property can be a major setback or a permanently life-changing event. Under premises liability laws in Nebraska and Iowa, property owners are responsible for taking all reasonable measures to maintain safe conditions and promptly address or post warnings of conditions that could cause injury to others.
At Burnett Wilson Law, our Omaha premises liability attorneys backed by decades of experience are here to advise you and assert your legal rights after a slip-and-fall accident, swimming pool injury, or other traumatic occurrences. We care what happened and we will move quickly to investigate. You can count on honest, clear guidance on issues ranging from whether a lawsuit is viable to available insurance coverage and the potential value of your case.
Begin your case with a free case evaluation! Call our firm at (402) 810-8611 today.
Types of Premises Liability Cases We've Represented
Led by attorneys Joe Risko and Andy Wilson, our personal injury practice has the resources and determination to maximize your financial recovery. Among numerous high-value outcomes in this area of law, our attorneys obtained a substantial confidential settlement for a 65-year-old man injured in a fall caused by a concrete obstacle in the parking lot of a business.
We are well-equipped to counsel and represent you after property-related accidents such as:
- Slip-and-fall accidents caused by dangerous conditions in stores, restaurants and parking lots, as well as on poorly maintained stairways, on construction sites and elsewhere
- Falls and other accidents caused by failure to remove ice and snow from a commercial property
- Serious injuries and drowning fatalities caused by the failure to maintain safe conditions at a swimming pool or other recreational venue
We understand the pain and adversity faced by our clients and their families. In fact, we often advise our business clients and homeowners on their responsibilities for maintaining safe property conditions and avoiding costly insurance claims and lawsuits. Above all, our Omaha premises liability attorneys are here to help you and your family after any serious fall, ice- and snow-related accident, or other injury-causing events. Contact us today to get started on your case.
Can I Sue My Landlord for Negligence?
As a tenant in an apartment, condo, or other property, you bear some responsibility for your own safety. However, your landlord also bears a legal responsibility to maintain the safety and livability of your home. Failure to do so may be grounds for a lawsuit.
What are a landlord's responsibilities?
- Ensuring that the apartment or dwelling is habitable
- Fulfilling all building code regulations
- Fixing problems with the building's structure
- Preventing/addressing pest infestations
- Keeping tenants safe from hazardous materials like mold and asbestos
- Maintaining clean running water and hot water
- Managing trash removal and maintaining trash bins
- Maintaining heating and cooling appliances that came with the unit (not necessarily ones brought in by the tenant)
- Ensuring that electrical, plumbing, and other systems stay in good working order
- Keeping tenants reasonably safe from criminals
If your landlord failed to uphold their responsibilities and you or a loved one suffered an injury because of it, then you may have a right to pursue compensation for those damages. At Burnett Wilson Law, our Omaha premises liability lawyers have decades of experience holding negligent landlords and property owners accountable for the harm they have caused. Give our office a call at (402) 810-8611 to discuss your case!
Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation!
Families We've Helped
"They have a great legal team with the knowledge and experience in many different specialties of law."- Former Client