Omaha Bicycle Accident Lawyers
Seek Qualified Counsel for Your Injury Claim!
Riding a bicycle has become a preferred form of transportation for many people. Not only is it great exercise, riding a bicycle is great for the environment since it burns no fossil fuels, and is far less expensive to maintain. They are also much smaller than a car, which means they can easily fit into tight spaces, including being stored indoors in a small apartment. It’s no wonder that bicycles have become a preferred method of transportation in big cities and urban centers.
Unfortunately, bike accidents do happen, and when they do, it’s easy to become stressed and overwhelmed. The last thing you want to do is deal with a complex and strenuous personal injury case. Instead, let Burnett Wilson Law handle the difficult legal problems and rest assured your future is in good hands. Our dedicated firm can serve all your legal needs, including fighting to help you secure the compensation you deserve. Our highly-accomplished team is motivated by your success, and can provide you with dedicated, individually-tailored counsel to help you recover with the peace of mind that comes with knowing your financial future is secured.
Have you been injured in a bike accident? Call Burnett Wilson Law today at (402) 810-8611 and schedule your initial consultation with a bicycle accident attorney in Omaha today!
On This Page:
- Common Causes of Bicycle Accidents
- Bike Accident Injuries
- Who Is At Fault?
- What To Do After a Bicycle Accident
Bicycles are a great way to get around town, but accidents involving bicycles frequently result in a number of injuries. For starters, bicycles don’t have the same amount of protective metal and armor around them like cars do, which makes them inherently more prone to serious impacts. Secondly, bike lanes and other safety features are frequently encroached upon by motorists, making riding a difficult task in many cases.
Some common causes of bike accidents include:
- Illegal or unsafe lane changes or turns by cars
- Poor visibility
- Lane splitting
- Barriers in the road
Our Omaha bicycle accident attorneys are prepared to go as far as it takes to get you the result you are looking for in your claim. We provide compassionate, dedicated representation that places your best interests first in all of our decisions.
Bicycle accidents can result in some very severe injuries, sometimes even catastrophic injuries. Some of the most common injuries sustained in bike accidents include:
- Road rash
- Head and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments
- Pulled or strained muscles
Why it may seem unfair because of the vast size disparity, cyclists can sometimes be found responsible for causing accidents. When on the road, cyclists are expected to follow the same rules as other vehicles when it comes to changing lanes, signaling, and obeying traffic signals and signs (although there are exceptions).
If you are found liable or partially responsible for the accident, you may have a harder time recovering compensation for your injuries. This is why it's important to put a professional bike accident attorney on your side. We can help you determine who was at fault for the accident and whether or not you have a case.
Getting hit by a car while on your bike can be a traumatizing experience. It can be hard to know what to do in the heat of the moment. To keep things simple and ensure that your rights are protected, take these 5 steps following your accident:
- Call 911 immediately; do not leave the scene of the accident until you have been examined by EMS and given your statement to the police.
- Gather evidence; take photos of your damaged bike, your injuries, and the driver's vehicle. Get the driver's insurance, contact, vehicle and drivers' license information.
- Speak to witnesses; if anyone witnessed the accident, get their contact information and see if they are willing to make a statement to the police about what they saw.
- Get a copy of the police report; you will need this when filing a claim with your insurance or pursuing a personal injury claim against the driver.
- Preserve any evidence; do not have your bike repaired and be sure to hold onto the gear you were wearing at the time of the accident
Get help with your bike accident injuries; contact Burnett Wilson Law now to review your options with our bicycle accident lawyers in Omaha, NE!