Modifications of Post-Divorce and Custody Decrees in Omaha

Committed Legal Counsel for All of Life’s Changes

Once your divorce is finalized and your custodial order is signed, you may breathe a sigh of relief that your divorce proceedings are finally over. Fast forward to a year later, and your financial or living circumstances have changed in a dramatic way, making nearly all of your post-divorce orders impractical. What do you do?

At Burnett Wilson Law, we’re here to guide you through any changes that life may throw at you, and our Omaha modification lawyers can fight to have those changes officially reflected in your court orders. Whether you need to modify a child support order or change an alimony payment structure, we’ll help you navigate the process of modification from beginning to end.

Ready to modify your family law order? Contact us today for a consultation. 

Reasons for Family Law Modifications

There are any number of reasons you may seek to modify a past family law order. The most common reasons are moving out of state, or financial losses that change your ability to provide the full payments for child or spousal support.

Here are some common changes that can impact your ability to observe post-divorce orders:

  • You or your ex-spouse have lost a job, or another major source of income
  • You’ve been relocated for a job
  • You or your ex-spouse are moving out of state
  • Your child’s preferences and needs have changed significantly
  • You’ve suffered from a medical emergency, like a chronic illness or major injury

No matter what challenges you’re facing, our Omaha modification attorneys can stand by your side. More than just a law firm, our team at Burnett Wilson Law is fully dedicated to helping people recover from life’s most difficult times, and making sure that the law accounts for your changing circumstances.

If you’re considering a modification to your divorce agreement, child custody decree, or child support order, give us a call at (402) 810-8611.

Protecting Your Family’s Future

Failing to meet your payments on alimony or child support can carry serious consequences. If you’re already financially struggling, it can be daunting to face the liens, wage garnishments, and license suspensions that come with falling into delinquency on your family law orders. On the other hand, if you’re relying on your ex-spouse for crucial payments, you may be worried about paying for your child’s healthcare bills or even putting food on the table.

Families We've Helped

"They have a great legal team with the knowledge and experience in many different specialties of law."

- Former Client